Monday, March 17, 2008

Yoga - March 14-17

March 14 (Friday) 6:30AM class - Nothing new to report. I am getting more and more flexible and continued to do camel (1st set using aid, 2nd without).
March 15 (Saturday) 8AM class - Today was another great yoga day. I tried camel without using my aid at all and got into both sets. It was scary but I'm so glad I did it. Kevin and Rafter went with me this morning which made it a lot more fun. Overall, I feel great. I can see a lot of change in my flexibility - especially in half moon pose and my hamstrings.
March 16 (Sunday) 8AM class - I can see my whole foot now in Standing Bow Pulling Pose. I plan to work really hard on this one to get my leg higher and my body lower. My legs are also getting higher in Bow Pose and my knees didn't kill me Fixed Firm today. Camel - both sets, no aid.
March 17 (Monday) 6:30AM class - Happy St. Patrick's Day. Today was the first day that I really didn't want to go to yoga. Once I got there it - and past the warmup - it was much better. I felt like my left leg was hyper extending (pain) in Standing Head to Knee and Standing Bow Pulling Pose. I haven't felt this in a while. It tends to happen when I haven't been in a while and have lost strength in the leg. I'll run it by the instructors tomorrow to make sure I am not doing something wrong. Fixed Firm pose was painless in my knees and Camel felt great, even though I felt a litttle pinch in my right trap while in it. After I was out I felt amazing.

No comments: