Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 11-13 (6:30AM class)

March 11 (Tuesday) - Had another terrible night of sleep due to coughing/cold. I went to bed at 9pm, woke up at 11pm coughing, and felt like it was 2am. Then I woke up at 2am thinking, "ok, its 5am, at least I can get up now." But nope. It was only 2am. By 6am, I was exhausted. Anyway, I went to yoga, nothing really to note, except that I couldn't breathe through my nose very well (which you do for all poses). I felt more flexible, less stiff. Pretty much the same.
March 12 (Wednesday) -Ok, today was a good yoga day. Using my aid in camel pose, I actually grabbed a foot (left). I couldn't "find" my right foot so I came out. Tomorrow, I'm going for it. Other than that, I felt good. Just sleepy. I am not sore any more. I think my muscles were just fatigued at the beginning of class.
March 13 (Thursday) - Great day! I got into camel pose - second set - without using my aid! I actually did camel! This is a big deal for me because of my neck issues. My head had to release all the way back, with the added pull of gravity. Then I reached behind (while standing on my knees) and grabbed both feet. It felt amazing. The hard part was getting out. I feel like it was a big strain on my neck and muscles along my spine. I will probably be sore tomorrow. That's ok, because now I know I can do it! I have met one of my goals for the end of the month and I'm not even half way there. Yeah for me!

No comments: