Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yoga - March 18-22

March 18 (Tuesday) 6:30AM class - Yoga was hard today. I felt like my legs weighed a ton in Locust Pose and felt overall fatigued. Ugh.
March 19 (Wednesday) 6:30AM class - Today sucked. I did not want to be there. Everything felt hard but I did it. Yeah.
March 20 (Thursday) 6:30AM class - Today was the first day that I actually complained to Kevin about not wanting to go anymore. I miss waking up with Gabe and I'm tired. Kevin said, "So how far along are you?" I said, "only 11 days left," he said, "wow, you're already half-way through, that's amazing." He is very encouraging - not even a "suck it up, Mathis" just "that's amazing." So I realized I need an attitude adjustment more than anything. It was hard today, harder than yesterday. I have something weird going on in my middle back (left side) - like something is slightly pulled. It hurts a little in Triangle and especially in Spine Twisting at the end. The good thing about all of this is (aside from helping some great kids)...when I am done with the 25 days...going to yoga 4 days a week is going to be a piece of cake!
March 21 (Friday) 6:30AM class - So I had a little talk with myself on the way to yoga today and 1) enjoyed class much more, and 2) did a lot better in my poses. I felt stronger and not fatigued. I really pushed myself in Standing Bow and Standing Head-to-Knee. I still felt my little back thing which grew into a much worse back thing later on in the day. I don't know if I was stressed getting ready for Kevin's party or fatigued from yoga or dehydrated or all of the above, but it hurt all through the party. Oh well. I'll take it easy tomorrow in yoga. By the way, I hurt it blowing up a freaking balloon. How lame is that?
March 22 (Saturday) 8AM class - I took it super easy today in yoga. I had a little pain in my back from the night before. I felt it in poses where I held my arms up and realized I felt best in backbends. Spine Twisting pose was the worst and left things on a bad note. I actually did a few more sets of Bow Pose after class and felt better. I drank a lot of water today and feel a little better. Tonight it is annoying again - like a pinch or a shooting pain (at times). As long as I don't fully pull a muscle or have it lock up, I'll be happy. Hopefully a good night's sleep, lots of water and taking it easy again tomorrow will help me get past this thing. I will go to the 4:30pm class so I can spend Easter morning with Gabe!

No comments: