Thursday, August 21, 2008

Defiance - part 2 (of many I'm sure)


Yesterday, Gabe spent the day at a friends house while I got some work done. My friend, Oanh, dropped him off around 2pm and he came running up to me and immediately wanted to play with the water hose. I usually don't allow this because of the drought, but I wanted to talk to Oanh so I let him water the grass for a few minutes. Next thing you know, Gabe sprays Oanh's jeans and shoes. I turned the water off and asked Gabe to apologize. He said, "sorry" and then asked to have it on again. I re-enforced that we only water green things - he said ok - and I turned on the water, lower pressure than before. Well, he did not like this, at all. He started whining, "turn the water on higher mom. Turn it up!" I told him no, it was fine like it was. I kid you not, he turns the water hose, points it at my face and sprays me (on power JET setting I might add) for a good 10 seconds. I couldn't even see to stand up. Finally, I got the water turned off and Gabe got a time out. He sat on the porch for 10 minutes before he would even apologize to me. Um, does anyone know what happend to my sweet little boy of just last week? Can I trade this one in for him?

On a happier note, today I took Gabe and Soren to a music class. We sang songs, learned lots of cool new hand motions to go with the songs, danced with scarves (which kind of freaked Gabe out) and played maracas, tamborines, and Gabe's favorite, the triangle. I had to secretly take this picture because Gabe was so self-conscious with the scarves. Do you think he just inherently knows that dancing with scarves is a feminine act and doesn't like it? He sure didn't mind getting his grove on to the other songs. Who knows. Anyway, we had a lot of fun. I highly recommend the class: www.songbirdsmusic.com.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Something must be in the water, or the air for that matter. I have been having a rough week with Ava & Maya too!