Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gabe's first major haircut

Yesterday (Monday) was Gabe's first major haircut (it took me a day to recover from it). I was going to get an inch cut off and then decided hey - since I'm paying for it - why not do something a little different? Big mistake. Before the lady could even finish (which was fortunately close to the end), he jumps out of the chair, runs across the room and starts pulling at his hair crying, "mommy, I want my hair back, please mommy, put it back." I felt like the worst mom - EVER. We immediately went to the playground - lolly pop in hand. When we got home, he let me trim it a little to even things out (I'm guessing out of fear of me taking him back to the haircut place). Today, we looked in the mirror and he asked for another lolly pop. I gave him one and he said, "I wanna another haircut." Here's his cool new do - he insisted I be in the picture too.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

He looks SO different. But in a very good way. And yes, a little candy can fix so many problems. Sad, eh?