Friday, September 5, 2008

Gabe's 1st day of preschool



Oh my gosh. How flippin cute is Gabe with his lunch box - all ready for school?? Can you believe that this kid is not even three? He looks so grown up.

Today is Gabe's first big day at preschool. I was so worried that he would have problems with me leaving but he didn't. I stayed for about 30 minutes while he played, told him that I was going, he gave me a kiss and I said bye. He looked at me as I was walking out the door and then continued playing with the newly discovered trains. I know it won't always be this easy (especially once he realizes that I'm not coming right back) but he'll be fine. The teachers were very attentive and even though they were speaking German, he seemed to understand how to put his lunch in his cubby and going to the potty. We're off to a good start. Now I don't know what to do with myself!

I guess Sam and I are off for a private date and then I'll get some work done. Wow, three consecuative hours to concentrate on my work - unheard of.

4 comments:

lydiafdc said...

Happy first day, Gabe...so cute!!

charita said...

It looks awesome! What a big boy with his lunchbox!!! I can't believe he and Ruhi are turning 3 soon!

Elaine said...

Wow! What a big kid he is! So glad it went well. I thought it would be harder to get away on Lily's first day but she was so done with me, I hardly knew what to do with myself. Hasn't gotten harder. Awesome.

denise said...

love the lunch box...i think i have a couple of friends with children in this preschool. do you know paige and daughter izzy? we love the coop preschool and hope you still get to come often...love, denise, sea and story