Friday, March 27, 2009

No, I'm not carrying twins.


This seems to be the answer I have been giving a lot lately. I am also getting the “sympathy eyes” and “oh my God” after they find out how much longer I have. I’m only 30 weeks (about 7 ½ months) so that leaves 10 weeks if I carry to full-term. Yes, I do look 9 months pregnant on my body and maybe that is why I get the comments. I realize that I have a small frame, that I am fortunately only gaining weight in the baby bump area, so it does look ginormous. However, my body size is just getting a bit of a tiresome topic for me. Look me in the eyes people.

On Monday, my doctor told me some delightful news…Statistically 1) Boys weigh more than girls, and 2) Second babies weigh more than first babies. I’m hoping this means by a few ounces and not pounds. Gabe was almost 9 ½ lbs. Help.

Needless to say, I am ready for this little guy to be here. We are still settling on a name. Kevin likes Noah, I like Cole. We’ll probably name him Noah Coleman (my grandfather’s name) so he can choose either name at some point. I like them both actually and want to meet him to decide. Or maybe I’m relying on being so exhausted after childbirth I won’t give a hoot.

Here’s to time passing quickly. Cheers.
Now I want a beer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been having the occasional beer longing as well. I got twin comments with Dante too. Everyone on the street would say how big I was, how big the baby was going to be. It got very old. Hang in there. He will be just the right size. I think you look fabulous!

Sabrina said...

You look gorgeous and I LOVE the name Noah and Cole. I can't wait to mee the little man and see you around a bit more :)